Usually Magpie Girl’s *8things are really hard for me. I think ‘Oh, I’ll play!’ and I get stuck around 5 things. But this week?
This week is awesome!
I have had a gratitude journal on and off for years. Just three things, every day, I’m grateful for. I do that here on Sundays (I think I’d bore you silly if I did it every day). The only sort of praying I do most days is lists of things I’m grateful for. I’m sure I could rabbit on forever.
So here are *8 Small gratitudes for today:
- Walking in the door after a long afternoon and thinking ‘I love my house!’ I don’t know why exactly, today it just hugs me back.
- My baby giggles a lot.
- After extensive research, knowing exactly where to get the best ice coffee on the south side of Canberra.
- The wind chimes in the garden, made out of flattened silverware. The baby loves to hit them and listen to the music it makes.
- I made chilli jam! OK, it may have turned out more like chilli toffee (it has set very, very firm) but still, my house smells great. And despite the jam-making procrastination…
- I have a final draft of my assignment! One last edit, then I’m leaving it alone. It might not be done, but it’s as done as it’s going to get.
- Running in to Goddess Leonie in the mall. (I bet you didn’t know Goddesses go to shopping centres too!) Ostara is even more beautiful in sleepful person.
- Ryan will come home to a house where the laundry is done, the dishes washed, dinner made, and the baby bathed and peaceful. I am (occasionally) the domestic goddess extraordinaire.
How many beautiful things are you grateful for today?