- My pack was four kilo’s heavier just from the mud I picked up.
- I didn’t get snowed on, but I did stand hip deep in mud.
- I did two river crossings – the second one with my full pack on my back.
- I’ve seen an eagle soaring above me while there were clouds below me.
- I’ve waded in a lake, with a pink beach, at the top of a mountain.
- I understand why Tasmanian bushwalkers wear shorts and gaters.
- I discovered it is sometimes worth 8 hours hard slog in muddy bogs to climb a mountain.
I love my bed.