Leonie’s e-course starts today. She’s been busy addressing our creative fears for weeks, but I found a new one. What if I don’t like my art, I can’t make art with spirit?
I decided I needed to be sneaky with this particular gremlin. He’s obviously got a lot going on. Here’s what I think he’s saying:
- You can’t make art with spirit.
- You can’t make art.
- You can’t write, either.
- This is because you are not an Interesting Person.
- You are not interesting because you don’t know what your passion is.
- You can’t make art until you find your passion.
- You won’t find your passion until you start trying crazy stuff like making art, which you can’t do.
- Rinse and repeat.
In other words:
It doesn’t matter what I do or try, there’s something wrong with me.
Ah, hah! I’m beginning to think this is the root of all gremlins. Now I know what he’s really saying, he isn’t new and different at all. He can go in the box with all the others.